Security is our customers’ number one concern and as a leader in cloud, data, and mobile solutions, security is has never been more important us. Through the Internet of Everything (IOE), we
continue to connect people, data, and things around the globe. And, that means delivering complex security solutions for today’s connected world. We’re driving game-changing technologies that
ensure the online world is safe from cyber threats – building responsive solutions that deliver powerful, intelligent cybersecurity.
What you’ll Do
Cisco has a market leading position within the Security market place and has the highest market share for network security. This opportunity is for an highly experienced Security sales professional within Cisco’s Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) to drive the Security Business in Scotland.
The Cyber Security Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing Security opportunities, working closely with our sales teams and partners across Commercial and Public Sector.
Who You’ll Work With
Proactive, direct customer engagement at all levels, and working with our channel partners to develop leads and work through sales opportunities as a team.
A good knowledge of the security technologies and products, of both Cisco and competition, as well as customer business drivers in the market.
Great collaboration skills and team working skills to develop trusted relationships internally as well as externally with Partners and Customers
Excellent communications skills are expected in this role, ranging from persuasive skills on a one to one basis to presentations in front of large
· Identify new sales opportunities within the existing Cisco customer base, work with the Account Teams to qualify opportunities, and priorities activities.
· Work with the Cisco field sales team to develop a sales plan for the assigned territory.
· Leverage and nurture the Cisco partner base, work with the Partner sales teams to win new business deals.
· Control the sales process and drive leads to closure – generate new revenues.
· Drive sales campaigns into target prospect base, working with Cisco field sales and Partner sales teams.
· Develop deep understanding of product capabilities and value proposition.
· Present to customers and prospects in a highly effective manner.
· Forecast revenue by products and services plus update sales activity to management.
· Negotiation of sales transactions.
· Attend industry forums, tradeshows and events as required.
Who You are
· Experienced sales person with at least 3 to 5 years of software or security sales in the assigned market
· Direct touch sales combined with the ability to work with a motivated channel
· Experienced selling complex software-based solutions such as endpoint (EPP, EDR, etc), network security (Intrusion Detection, Firewall, VPN, and related technologies), Web Security, Email, or Network and Systems management solutions preferred
· Proven/Quantifiable track record of over-achievement in at least 3 of the last 5 years
· Track record in closing major end user customers for projects running to more than $500k+
· Able to create and execute on a go to market plan which ramps up and builds upon momentum created, leveraging marketing resources, collateral and development funds
· Adept at communicating with a largely technical audience
· Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies to maximize corporate revenue growth.
· Good all round knowledge of Security Market, Channel and End-Users
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to travel
· A Bachelors level degree or equivalent technical qualification
· Professional sales training e.g. Strategic Selling, Power Base or Target Account Selling (TAS).
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.Apply